Sunday, January 16, 2011

Podcasts

Podcasts are a great tool for libraries to video guest speakers for those members who cannot attend the event. Libraries have some interesting speakers and demonstrations that when put on podcast would only enhance customer service as many are unable to attend in person due to prior commitments. You could also add links to podcasts that could be interesting and relevant to libraries.
I personally like the idea of listening to podcasts from the ABC . If you catch the end of an interview or discussion on the radio and want to hear the whole thing just go to the ABC site and listen to the podcast.

5 comments:

  1. How true - you can catch the tail end of an interesting programme on TV and listen to the podcast. No rushing to get back to catch a programme anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, now that I know about podcasts i think they will be useful to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The ABC has great podcasts - and they're not too long.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can also imagine myself tuning in to podcasts from the ABC.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes being able to play shows you have missed or replay shows you found interesting is great.

    ReplyDelete