Thursday, January 20, 2011

Geocaching

Geocaching, another term I had not heard of before, a treasure hunt using a GPS device to find hidden caches.
I can’t say I was too impressed personally with geocaching. I did look up sights nearby but can think of other things to do than go looking for caches but I guess there are people who do or would enjoy finding them.
I’m not sure about using it to promote the library as I noticed with Notre Dame (US) 225 students signed up, 40 found at least some and only 26 found all - and that was with prize incentives. Maybe it could be used when a new library is opened.

3 comments:

  1. Yes Im not sure how effective it would be in library promotions. As it has been around for some time and not many people have heard of it, I would say it is unlikey to catch on anytime soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had never heard of it either before this web training! but i think it can be beneficial!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your idea of using it upon the opening of a new Library. Maybe we could give it a go when the new Success Library opens in 2013?

    ReplyDelete