Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Week 6. Delicious, Library Thing

Delicious
I found this week very difficult, probably because I was trying to do it while on front desk and was not able to watch the video on Social Bookmarking in Plain English, and I was also  being interrupted. I realised that if I had watched the video first before attempting the tasks I would have saved myself some of the anguish. I don’t believe I would use Delicious personally as I would be happy just to use my own bookmarks rather than share others. But having now watched the video can see it would be useful in some circumstances.
LibraryThing
LibraryThing is a cataloging and social networking site for book lovers. It helps you create a catalogue of books: books you own, books you've read, books you'd like to read, books you've lent out ... whatever grouping you'd like.
Well I think this is pretty cool - of all the things covered so far in this training this is something I would use. I like idea of keeping a record of what I’ve read and I especially like that it gives recommendations of other similar books. It is a good way to discover new books outside your own library and gives reviews and ratings on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment